Political Science Experiential Learning Stipend
Political Science Majors are invited to apply for up to $1,000 to support any experiential learning activity during the Spring 2024 semester. This could include covering living expenses while you do an internship, contributing to the cost of a study abroad program, or student research expenses.
- Applicants must be full time Political Science majors in good academic standing (overall GPA is 2.0 or greater).
- Sophomore, Juniors, and Seniors may apply (all students with at least 24 credit hours).
- Applicants must have confirmed an experiential learning activity (internship, study abroad, or research) for Spring 2024. Applicants pursuing an internship must provide evidence they have at least been selected for an interview for the internship. Receipt of a stipend will be contingent on selection for the position.
- up to $1,000
- College of Humanities and Sciences
- Supplemental Questions
- Name of your experiential learning activity. Include your position title (if applicable) and the location of the activity. If you are engaging in a remote activity, please specify.
- What is the planned length of your experiential learning activity (number of weeks or start and end dates)?
- Please provide the name and email address of someone who can verify your participation in this activity. For example, the faculty supervisor for your research, study abroad program coordinator, or supervisor for your internship. If you have applied for, but not been accepted to, an internship, please upload evidence you are under consideration for the position (for example, an email inviting you to an interview).
- In 250 words, please describe what your experiential learning activity will involve. For example, what is the position description of your internship? Topic of your research or study abroad?
- In 250 words, provide a narrative describing the total amount of funding you are requesting, your budget for this activity, and need for additional funds.
- In 500 words, write a short essay explaining how your experiential learning activity fits into your overall academic plan or goals. How does this activity relate to classes you have taken or your career goals? What do you hope to gain from your experience? How will it help you achieve your goals?
- Show 1 more