Study Abroad Airfare Voucher Award
The Airfare Voucher Award was established on behalf of VCU students pursuing study abroad through the VCU Office of Procurement Services. This award program uses airfare miles the university accrues through employee travel and donates them to students to support study abroad. This award offers an airline voucher, equivalent to an economy class seat, through Delta and American Airlines (not including taxes and fees) for travel on an approved program.
The award is open to full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in any major.
Eligible applicants must be a degree seeking student at VCU with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater, be participating on a credit-bearing, approved study abroad program, and have registered their program with the Education Abroad Office prior to departure. Scholarship recipients are encouraged to share their experience abroad at a number of VCU Education Abroad sponsored events upon return.
- VCU Foundation
- Supplemental Questions
- Program name and/or name of host institution
- City and Country of Destination
- Intended Dates of Study Abroad Participation
- To be eligible for this scholarship, your study abroad program must take place in summer 2023 or fall 2023. If you have plans to study abroad in 2024, please check back later for updated scholarship information. Is your study abroad program in either summer 2023 or fall 2023?
- To be eligible for this scholarship, your study abroad must be credit-bearing. Is your program credit-bearing?
- In a clear, thoughtfully prepared essay of approximately 500 words, introduce yourself and present your reasons for wanting to study abroad. State what you expect to gain from the experience, personally, academically, and professionally. Discuss your commitment to international education and how you plan to share your experiences upon your return.
- Please identify any type of financial support you receive to attend VCU (federal financial aid, institutional scholarships, etc).
- Please provide information on your ability to fund your study abroad experience. Explain in detail why you need this scholarship to participate on the program.
- I understand that by applying for funding through VCU Education Abroad I am not guaranteed to receive support and that my completed application will be evaluated through a competitive process. I understand that, if selected, I will be notified and asked to confirm my interest in receiving the award. I agree to notify the Education Abroad office in writing if I no longer wish to be considered for a scholarship. Students who no longer wish to be considered for the scholarship should email email@example.com. By digitally signing this document, I acknowledge that both my personal reputation and the reputation of the University can benefit from the manner in which I represent myself and VCU. I will do everything within my control to safeguard my good name and that of VCU throughout my experience abroad. As required under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99), commonly known as FERPA, I hereby give permission for my scholarship application, including but not limited to grade point average (GPA), transcripts, essays, and individual course grades, to be used and discussed with VCU faculty, staff, alumni, and community members. I grant permission for VCU to use my biographical information to publicize my nomination for this award and my receipt of this award, should I be selected. I also hereby certify that I have no Honor Code convictions or pending investigations with respect to academic integrity and all of the information I include in my application for this award are my own work and are accurate and truthful to the best of my knowledge. If I receive a scholarship, I agree to: Register my study abroad program with VCU Education Abroad by the appropriate registration deadline. Furthermore, I acknowledge that all of my statements on the application are complete and accurate to the best of my ability.
- Show 4 more