- Anticipated Total
Anticipated total amount over the full term of this award.
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you have an outstanding balance and/or owe VCU any funds?
- Date funds are needed by
- What is the amount you are requesting?
- In detail, how will the emergency funds be utilized?
- What factors contributed to this becoming an emergency?
- All submissions MUST include a detailed explanation of your extenuating circumstances. This is required before any request can be considered for approval. You must include official documentation of the emergency circumstance and official documentation of the expenses you are requesting funds for as outlined in your statement of explanation. Submissions with no documentation will be automatically denied. Rent: Lease agreement and a rent payment history (both including the name of the student on the paperwork) Utilities: Current utility statements and a utility payment history (both including the name of the student on the paperwork) Food: Written documentation of why the student is food insecure and why UNCG/Community resources are not meeting needs (Spartan Open Pantry, local food banks, food stamps). A letter of support may be written as documentation from a coach, mentor, teacher, family member, etc. A letter of support must also be provided from a coach, mentor, teacher, family member, etc. that explains why food resources are needed Loss of Income: Letter from employer explaining employees’ status (as laid off, furloughed, loss of work hours, etc.) and pay stub history showing previous and current earnings. The student must provide documentation of how the loss of income has impacted their financial status (i.e. bills that are unable to be paid, with documented bills attached to the application). Loss of Items: Police report indicating what items were stolen/damaged and when and documentation of costs of replacement items Prescriptions: Bill/quote from pharmacy showing student’s name on paperwork along with prescription cost
- Please upload a copy of your current budget. If you do not have one, we will meet with you to create one.
- Please upload your documentation related to how the funds will be used.
- Please upload your documentation related to the incident.
- By completing this form and checking the box below you certify that all of the information reported to qualify for emergency financial assistance is complete and accurate. Any discrepant information found as a result will be cause for the denial or repayment of financial assistance provided. Providing false or misleading information may result in referral to the Office of Student Conduct and Academic Integrity.
- Show 2 more