College of Engineering Completion Grant
The Completion Grant was established in Academic Year 2019-2020 as part of the College’s Student Success Initiative, with the goal of providing support to Seniors who need help closing the financial gap to reach graduation. Funding for the grant comes from a variety of donors, with Engineering Alumni as a significant source. The award amount per student may vary based on individual student circumstances (including student accounting balance) and will be determined by the committee with a maximum of $5,000.
To be eligible for Completion Grant consideration students:
- Must have completed at least 90 credits prior to applying for the Completion Grant
- Must have a viable pathway to graduation within the current academic year (to be confirmed by Engineering Academic Advising)
- Must NOT have repeated any Major courses (to be confirmed by Engineering Academic Advising)
- Must have submitted a FAFSA for the current year
- Must have medium or high financial need (as determined by VCU Financial Aid, this is not reviewable as part of your application)
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
In your personal statement please include feel free to include information regarding changes to your financial situation, especially factors that have changed over time. The committee will consider these factors in determining awards.