Edward E. Willey Graduate Award for Excellence
This honors the late state Senator and School of Pharmacy alumnus Edward E. Willey. The award is made to graduate students who demonstrate strong academic achievement and potential, centrality of the proposed field of study, and specialization in the public affairs area as demonstrated through voluntary activity in relevant civic, community, or campus organizations. Although not required, residents of Virginia who seem likely to pursue public careers in the state are given preference.
- Master of Public Administration student, CJ, or MURP students
- Students with a demonstrated interest in public careers in Virginia preferred
- Must be enrolled full-time in Fall semester at the time of awarding
- Voluntary activity in civic, campus, or community organizations preferred
- Determined to be outstanding in character, as judged by faculty and classmates; leadership ability, as demonstrated by participation in and leadership of student organizations; and academic performance, as demonstrated by the attainment of a minimum 3.75 GPA.
- Letter of recommendation and CV/resume are required
- VCU Foundation
- Supplemental Questions
- Please write an essay describing why you are deserving of this scholarship. Please provide details demonstrating your interest in a public career in Virginia and your voluntary activity in civic, campus, or community organizations.
- Please submit a letter of reference from an individual of choice