James Hooker Memorial Scholarship Fund
This scholarship was established by the friends and colleagues of the late James Hooker, a former policeman and professor of Criminal Justice who taught for 30 years at VCU. Ever devoted to his students, he served as the faculty advisor to the VCU chapter of the Alpha Phi Sigma Criminal Justice Honor Society. After his passing in 2005, this award has been given annually since 2007.
- Undergraduate or graduate student
- Need-based award
- Merit-based award
- Must have completed at least 6 credit hours of Criminal Justice or Public Safety coursework
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in those completed courses, good academic standing
- VCU Foundation
- Supplemental Questions
- Please write an essay describing why you are deserving of this scholarship.
- Have you completed at least 6 credit hours in a Criminal Justice or Public Safety program?