James T. Moore Scholarship Endowment
This scholarship was established in 2008 by faculty and faculty emeriti of the Department of History, the College of Humanities and Sciences and alumni and friends of The College in honor of James Tice Moore, Ph.D., who taught history at VCU for 31 years. Moore passed away in the spring of 2009. The scholarship is for graduate students enrolled or enrolling in the Department of History M.A. program, with a preference given to history/social studies teachers employed in public or private middle or secondary schools with at least 12 hours of completed coursework toward their graduate degree.
- College of Humanities and Sciences
- Supplemental Questions
- Submit a statement of no more than 250 words explaining the importance of your teaching career.
- Are you a history or social studies teacher employed in a public or private middle or secondary school with at least 12 hours of completed coursework toward your graduate degree?
- Please provide the name and email address of a VCU History faculty member to write a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
- Please provide the name and email address of a second VCU History faculty member to write a letter of recommendation on your behalf.